- Foster a retired greyhound until the greyhound has found his or her “Forever Home”
- A suitable greyhound for your personal and family circumstances can be sourced for you to foster until such time as the greyhound can be adopted. A retired greyhound who has experience of living in a home environment tends to be adopted quicker than a retired greyhound being rehomed directly from a kennel environment. If the greyhound is compatible with family pets such as small dogs and cats this also helps in the rehoming of a retired greyhound
- To showcase the suitability of greyhounds as pets to the general public in your area you could organise or promote events such as:
- Retired Greyhound Strolls/Walks around your local park – these events to be promoted on local radio and local print media, etc.
- Retired Greyhound Shows at a suitable location in your area – Again events to be promoted on local radio and local print media, etc. and owners and trainers in your area would then need to be encouraged to enter their greyhounds in these Shows as well as in other local Dog Shows or local Agricultural Shows where there are Dog Shows