Make your Birthday even more meaningful and host a birthday fundraiser and let your special day make a big difference.
Every day more than 45 million people give birthday wishes on Facebook, which is why we’re excited they also give people the opportunity to create fundraisers, dedicate their birthday and raise for money for the Irish Retired Greyhound Trust.
How does it work?
Two weeks before their birthday, people will see a message from Facebook in their News Feeds giving them the option to create a fundraiser for their birthday.
You can then create a fundraiser nominating the Irish Retired Greyhound Trust as your dedicated charity. All of your friends will receive a notification inviting them to support your cause in honour of your special day.
Simple Steps to making your day help make a big difference:
- Create your fundraiser and nominate the Irish Retired Greyhound Trust
- Set an amount you would like to raise.
- Tell your story and why you have nominated The Irish Retired Greyhound Trust
- Pick a cover photo that means something to you, this could be the IRGT logo, a picture of you and your retired greyhound or just of your canine buddy
- Your fundraiser will be published – all you have to do now is invite your friends!
- You can also match donations if you wish, all monies raised will go directly to The Irish Retired Greyhound Trust to aid them in their work of finding forever homes for ex-racing greyhounds.